[H-GEN] CD Burner software

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sat Jul 5 23:57:06 EDT 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, David Munn wrote:

> Hi All.....
> I have scored a LITE-ON  CD-RW  burner with a E-IDE ATAPI interface......of
> course it came with software for that other o/s that crashes.......
> I have tried to use Gnome Toaster but the  cdrecord program says its looking
> for a scsi driver .......
> Does anyone know of drivers for the above hardware or ones that will work with
> a E-IDE burner......

Use the ide-scsi (scsi emulation) support in the kernel.  Afaik, all
burners must appear to be scsi devices to work.  The archives should have
info on this, and there should be plenty of stuff online.  There is a
Linux cdburning howto that should have good info.

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119