[H-GEN] 'C' programming problem

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 29 21:29:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:05:32 +1000 Steve Williams <swilliams at weighmaster.com.au> wrote:
> 	I'm new here but I was hoping some one could help me with a 'C'
> problem. I have compiled a simple program and it runs in DGB but not from
> the command line. I get the following error message, "bash: a.out: command
> not found"

Steve,
try this:

$ ./a.out

You can run it from gdb/dbx/debugger-du-jour because the debugging app loads
the file in and alters your environment slightly. You can't run it from the
shell because your path does not in "." ;)

$ echo $PATH

to check.

hth,
James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW