[H-GEN] scsi drive won't spin up

Snowy Angelique Maslov aka 'Snowpony' snowy at snowy.org
Wed Jan 29 18:42:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Ewan Edwards wrote:

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:06:19 +1000
> From: Ewan Edwards <Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com>
> To: general at lists.humbug.org.au, Tony Nugent <tony at linuxworks.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [H-GEN] scsi drive won't spin up

> On Wednesday 29 January 2003 05:04 pm, Tony Nugent wrote:
> > [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
> > [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]

> > > I'd be more suspicious of the card to start with. Do you have another
> > > scsi card you can attach the two drives to in order to test them? If the
> > > drives work fine on another controller then you've got an interesting
> > > aic7xxx.
> >
> > No, I don't have another card here that can take 68-pin scsi.
>
> I have a 29160 PCI card that I can bring along on Saturday if you want to try
> that out or borrow for a few days.

Actually forgive me if I'm wrong - but don't some SCSI harddrives have a
jumper pin for spinning up on start up?  You might want to check all the
jumper pins to see if they are set correctly.  Just an idea.

--
Snowy "Snowpony" Angelique Cerise Maslov : [  vulpine.pp.se/cgi-bin/furcode  ]
My....       ----------------------------: FEuw3acdmrw/CA[Minature Albino]3adm