[H-GEN] remote backup of server

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 25 22:17:47 EST 2003

I'd like to be able to do an scp of some directories on our router, so that
I can burn them to cd as a backup. The problem is, some of the files are in
use, and scp doesn't seem to want to let me have the file. Should I try an
ftp instead? Or is there some way to get around this and still be able to
use scp? I really want to backup the router as it's been running nearly a
year with no backup and that seems to me to be tempting fate.

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne
"[The Starships Enterprise] are like bra sizes; when you go up a letter
they get
bigger and more impressive."
             -- Kewl Quote from Slashdot Post.