[H-GEN] HUMBUG cluster WAS Re: [HUM-TALKS] Talk / Demonstration of MOSIX

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Wed Jan 29 21:27:51 EST 2003

If you are planning to do this, please be aware that some clustering
solutions are quite intrusive (ie, require kernel level support). If
you are planning to try out one of these sorts then you might want
to do it on a secondary machine.

(I know Beowulf is quite intrusive. I don't know about MOSIX at
all.)

Another option might be to play around with simple scripts and ssh.
Sure it isn't as sexy, but it would let you start to get a grip on
things.

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au