[H-GEN] Question from a wannabe Linux newbie.

Christopher Biggs chris at epipe.com.au
Thu Jan 16 02:01:13 EST 2003

[ non-member submission, you know the drill - ListGrouch ]

David Jericho <david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 02:54:54PM +1000, Ewan Edwards wrote:
>> My answer to him was, "I suggest Redhat 7.3 because I'm biased.".
>> Others in the office have suggested Mandrake because thats what they use.
>
> I don't use RedHat 8.0 at the moment, but I will say RedHat 8.0. Very
> nicely polished, and quite user friendly.

I'm a hardcore anti-glitz bigot (Debian and *BSD at work, Debian at
home), but I concur that Red Hat 8 sure looks spiffy, and meets your
criteria.  I'd recommend it for a first timer, but caution that its
installer is somewhat brittle, so have a guru on call.

--cjb