[H-GEN] antivirus and squid recommendations?

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 14 03:45:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:11, Trent WADDINGTON shared the following ideas:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Tony Nugent wrote:
> > Ahh well, it will be a brave new world (big brother watching too,
> > literally) once Palladium becomes a reality -- and this is going to
> > happen much sooner than most people expect.  It has the potential to
> > transform the way we all work with computers.  DRM (digital rights
> > management) has the ability to not only kill the very concept of
> > viruses, but also control just everything everyone does with
> > computers.  (And just guess who will be in control...)
>
> Care to place a healthy wager?

Saw this on  Slashdot:

Microsoft Palladium -- Where the hell do you think you're going today?

I thought it was hilarious.... and given the depth of stupidity that US
senators and congressppl seem to be able to stoop to, I'd see this as coming
close to what they have plans for.

If you're in doubt, take a look at the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright
Act). This doesn't stop piracy, it just outlaws personal 'fair use'.

Sandra.
silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optusnet.com.au/silne/
Death is certain -- life is optional.