[H-GEN] ogg vorbis under solaris

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 9 21:53:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:32:05 +1000 Clinton Roy <croy at dstc.edu.au> wrote:
> "James C. McPherson" <James.McPherson at Sun.COM> writes:
> > ogg is trying to find its rc file. It first checks for /etc/ogg123rc, then
> > for $HOME/.ogg123rc. Create an ogg123rc file and in that I think you'll be
> > able to setup which device you want the output to go to (I assume that's
> > what is required) - /dev/audio or $AUDIODEV
> Unfortunately those files just set the default for the -d argument to
> ogg123, the actual problem persists..

so how about

ogg123 -d sun -o sun:/dev/audio testfile.ogg

what does the truss of that give? also, try using all the options to truss:

truss -fade -o /var/tmp/ogg123.out.0 \
      -m all -r all -s all -t all -u all -v all -w all -x all \
      ogg123 -d sun -o sun:/dev/audio testfile.ogg

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW