[H-GEN] Wine and Xterminals

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at humbug.org.au
Thu Jan 9 00:14:06 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:

> > managedto use win in a remote X session at all, either on an xterm or
> > via an XDMCP session to another machine?
>
> I've done both of these & not had problems.  I'm with Robert Stanford that
> your problem is probably to do with font allocation.

I don't think I want to know what it is doing with fonts that could
flood a link for >15 mins :)

> The other thing to consider is that X servers can have modular extensions
> and I've seen a few older Xterminals not support recent extensions and
> some apps not working as a result.  The solution would be to update the
> Xserver software if possible.

Unfortunatly the software is the latest version available :( so if this
is the problem I may have to look at another solution. On this note if
anyone has more recentsoftware for a HP 700/RX terminal please contact
me :)

> 100Mbit/sec would help too but I'd guess an old Xterminal wouldn't do this
> anyway :)

I have 3 Xterminals, 2 tektronix and my HP, all of which only support
10Mb/s. I shudder to think what a more recent terminal with 100Mb/s
support would cost me.

Nikolai