[H-GEN] oops - debian unstable woes

Joel Michael joel at fluffybunnies.com
Tue Jan 7 16:38:05 EST 2003

[ The address 'joel at fluffybunnies.com' is not a subscribed address of   ]
[ 'general' or 'general-post'.  Please post from your subscribed        ]
[ address, or your posts will vanish.                       -ListGrouch ]

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 07:12, Sandra Milne wrote:
> How did get OpenGL working at better than 3 fps without using the NVidia
> drivers?

I didn't :-)

The only thing that the machine uses OpenGL for is screen savers.  Not
that the weedy little TNT2 M64 can do better than about 3fps anyway.

> Unfortunately I can't afford an ATI card at this stage. Perhaps in 6 months
> time when they're a little outdated I might be able to scrape together the
> cash.

Well, keep ATI in mind when next purchasing a video card.  I'm very
happy with my Radeon 8500 clone.  Very good performance for not very
much money (around the $300 mark about 6 months ago).  The only problem
I have found with it is under Windows, and that's the "Trinitron
Shimmer" - the whole screen shimmers slightly, but it only affects Sony
Trinitron and Mitsubishi Diamondtron monitors.  Anyway, I only boot that
other OS to play games, so it's not noticable at all.
--
Joel Michael

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. If you can pick
your friends nose that's wierd.