[H-GEN] Hardware Upgrade

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Mon Jan 6 22:28:06 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:47:43PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> > Not to mention a "don't back up this file" file attribute.  Very handy
> > for those laptop disk images that would otherwise fill your backup
> > media.
>
> ext2/3 is supposed to be have this capability also: chattr +d filename
>
> Last time I tried this it didn't work iirc :(

It does, from chattr(1)

"A file with the `d' attribute set is not candidate for backup when the
dump(8) program is run."

I just tried it then, and it worked fine.

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd

--
Scanned and found clear of viruses by EntireScan.  http://www.entirescan.com/