[H-GEN] oops - debian unstable woes

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 5 16:11:01 EST 2003

At 22:59 5/01/2003 +1000, you wrote:

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:05, Sandra Milne wrote:
> > Fiance installed debian last night. Got it all working exactly as he
> wanted
> > it, but for zangband which wants gcc3.2 to compile. So, because gcc3.2 is
> > in unstable, he did a dist-upgrade. X-Windows has not worked since. He
> just
> > gets a black screen and the monitor switches to stand-by -- no signal.
>
>This would be a bad XF86Config-4 file, the monitor is switching to
>standby cause your running it at a resolution or refresh rate that it
>can't handle.
>
>What make and model monitor is it ?

Unfortunately it's a KTX 15" monitor. We can usually get it up and running
with some generic settings.

>And whats your video card?

NVidia GeForce 2MX400 (as stated in the original post)

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne
"[The Starships Enterprise] are like bra sizes; when you go up a letter
they get
bigger and more impressive."
             -- Kewl Quote from Slashdot Post.