[H-GEN] mouse & rh 8

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Fri Jan 3 15:53:02 EST 2003

Sandra Milne <silne at optusnet.com.au> writes:

> I've had similar problems when the console mouse driver was
> enabled. (Gawsh it's been so long since I used it I just can't think
> what it's called!)
>
> Hopefully some kind soul can tell you what it's called and then you
> can disable it and see if this helps.

You're probably thinking of gpm, which comes close to topping my list
of software I just can't stand to have installed.

My favorite is when you're installing a workstation, and gpm is
installed by default, but you've forgotten or haven't bothered to plug
in the PS/2 mouse.  But you've got a PS/2 keyboard.  And gpm starts
anyway.  And locks your keyboard.

Boom.  Time to hit the big red button.
--
| ``I think I'm going to throw up.''                                    |