[H-GEN] Debian floppies for Saturday

Marco Grigull kni501ss at optushome.com.au
Wed Jan 1 10:57:30 EST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 05:56:22 +1000
"Paul Clarke" <paul at qfm.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone got Debian on floppies that they can bring to the meeting
> this Saturday?
>
> I have an old Compac box that I want to set up with Debian but:
> - It has no CD-ROM and I can't find the key combination to get to bios
> tell it it has a CD anyway

Smart Boot Manager runs off a floppy, and can sometimes boot cdroms in
 systems that dont even have el'torito support.  Although sbm only uses
 the first few sectors on a floppy, it will render the rest of the disk
 useless.....

I have successfully ussed this on a pci 486 system w/ american megatrends
 bios, where the bios itself does not even know about cdrom drives

Good luck

Marco