[H-GEN] redhat 8.0 gnome and now can't login in

Johann johann at spot-the-dog.com
Tue Feb 25 19:05:17 EST 2003

Johann wrote:

> ...  I always get "xhost: unable to open display on ""  , so I am
> wondering what is the difference between gnome and kde.

I now know a little more about xhosts, so what I was getting from a
terminal was normal, so I can rule that out. Thus I am guessing its a
gnome related problem,

Also I left gnome for a while to see what it does, and after and hour or
so, it finally brings up the desktop with all the icons etc. However it
is so slow and unresponsive as to be utterly useless.

cheers

Johann