[H-GEN] An Invitation to SGI's Extreme Linux Tour (fwd)

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Mon Feb 24 00:16:56 EST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:51:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Simon Ellis <simon_j_ellis at yahoo.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:55:52 +1100
From: Brendan McAdam <bjm at sydney.sgi.com>
Subject: [SEBLUG-General] An Invitation to SGI's Extreme Linux Tour

We are pleased to invite you and other members of Australia and New
Zealand's Linux community to our Extreme Linux Tour which will be rolling
out over the coming weeks.

The theme for these events is "Taking Linux to New Altitudes", made
possible by the power and unique architecture of the new SGI Altix 3000
servers and superclusters.  An HTML version of the invitation is included
below. (Let me know if you would like a text version).

You are welcome to share this through appropriate networks to spread the
word about SGI heralding in the New Era of Linux-based computing.

The first event is scheduled for Friday 28th February in Melbourne at the
Rialto Tower, Observation Deck.  Joining us at that event will be
 * Jan Silverman, SGI's Senior VP Marketing - Presenting the Power of Altix
 * David Bolt, Managing Director Intel Australia - Itanium in HPC
 * Ken McDonell, Director Engineering R & D Software group - The New Era in
Linux Computing
 * Ian Atkinson, CEO, Queensland Parallel Supercomputer Foundation -Customer
story
 * ... and of course Bill Trestrail, Managing Director, SGI ANZ
Other cities will follow a similar format but with some changes in
speakers.

Seating is limited and so registration is essential.  You can find out
more details and/or register at:

    www.myrego.com/sgi/extremeLinux

We will be delighted to hear from you and look forward to seeing you at
one of the events. Please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.

Regards
Brendan McAdam
Marketing Manager
SGI Australia/NZ
Phone: +61-2-8875 9551
Fax: +61-2-8875 9480
Mobile: +61-418 622 326
Voicemail: 527-9551
bjm at sgi.com

Remember those massive-scale computational problems and complex workflows
that were either incredibly inefficient or too difficult for current
standards-based clusters?... Well, not any more.

Come and see for yourself
Silicon Graphics invites you to attend our free 2-hour informative
seminar on the future of supercomputing. Come and discover how the SGI®
Altix(tm) 3000 family breaks world records, taking Linux® to new
altitudes of scalability and performance.

Who should attend
* Leaders from forward-looking R&D, scientific and technical
organisations who want the power of a supercomputer and the benefits of
OpenSource.
* Managers seeking to quickly solve highly complex computational problems
and bring products to market faster.
Cities and dates
Melbourne Friday 28th February [spacer.gif] Canberra Tuesday 4th March
Sydney Wednesday 5th March   Brisbane Thursday 6th March
Perth Wednesday 12th March   Adelaide Tuesday 18th March
Auckland Tuesday 25th March
Register online
Seating is limited. For more details or to register go to
www.myrego.com/sgi/extremeLinux
or call (02) 8875 9532
[tux.jpg]
[spacer.gif]
[sig.gif]
[spacer.gif]
[itanium.jpg]
[spacer.gif]
©2003 Silicon Graphics®, Inc. All rights reserved. SGI logo and SGI®
Altix(tm) are registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics®, Inc.