[H-GEN] Telstra and Linux

Hilton Travis Hilton at QuarkAV.com
Sat Feb 22 16:36:27 EST 2003

Hi David,

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 22:31, David Duffy wrote:

> >On Wed Feb 19 2003 at 20:36, David Duffy wrote:
> >
> > > Do you mean like: http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au/
> >
> >Well Dave, you've just stollen some of my thunder... yes, that was
> >to be one of the main references :-)
>
> "Err... sorry about that chief" (Maxwell Smart reference)
>
> >[btw, it is an excellent site as a starting point]
>
> That's how I found my ISP (Internode) IIRC.
> David...

I'm *seriously* thinking of dropping my Optus Cable (capped, crawling)
connexion and going to ADSL.  The main two candidates are currently
Internode and iiNet, with Internode coming out ahead because of its
"Flat Rate" plans having no blocked ports.  Sure, it is still on a
dynamic IP, but the lack of blocked ports makes my life a fair bit
easier.

Good to know that there are other Internoders on the Humbug mailing
lists.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV.com
Manager                         Phone: +61-(0)7-3343-3889
Quark AudioVisual               Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
Quark Computers
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/