[H-GEN] Telstra and Linux

R&J Stuart rjstuart at bigpond.net.au
Thu Feb 20 21:45:02 EST 2003

Tony Nugent wrote:

>>Sorry for all the posts, but this has really got my goat(I think thats the
>>phrase) Telstra Bigpond customers will now notice that Gamearena has Removed
>>ALL of their linux distributions from their website, no longer offering them
>>as free downloads,

Well I just read up on this:

https://secure.planetmirror.com/members/premium_download_bpa/

Basically BPA and Planetmirror are joining up to sell 3,5,10 GB lots of
downloads off planetmirror that don't contribute to your dl quotas, but you
pay for it anyhow.   Look at the pricing, it may be worth your while if you
do a lot of downloading off these sites (drop back to the lowest BP cable
plan and add the 3GB planetmirror dl).

I suspect that is really why BP dropped the ISOs off the GA servers.  Its
funny because the first time I finally was going to use the GA site to
download a set of ISOs they weren't there!

Regards,

Robert