[H-GEN] Telstra and Linux

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 19 15:41:11 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:15:50 +1000
Marco Grigull <kni501ss at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Im on the 3G plan, Ill probably switch to adsl with 3gig peak 6gig offpeak and
> free mirrors when my contract runs out.  I hear inet offer this service for what
> I am currently paying.

We just finished our contract and are about to finish our first month on download cap. Whilst looking for information for a TAFE Assignment the other day, I noticed that TPG Internet offers unlimited ADSL 256/64 for $69.95. After much discussion in the household, we've decided to go with that. Significantly slower than cable, but at least we don't have to worry about how much we're downloading.

And BTW, there is no 'free traffic' with optusnet. Last I heard mirror.aarnet was on optusnet, and they promote it, but still no free traffic. that's one of our main reasons for quitting. another is, who the hell wants the speed of cable so that they can download only 3gig? we couldnt' even find out if the game servers are free traffic (I suspect they're not, and I've not heard anything good about them in any case)

Sandra.