[H-GEN] A request to the list maintainers

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Feb 13 23:16:31 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Raymond Smith wrote:

> I'm with you on this one Greg, but many people seem to like the Reply-To
> option. Perhaps we should put it to a vote of the members of the mailing
> list?

Would I be right in assuming that using the CC field would be the
alternative?  So you would get the message "reply to all?" when replying?
That's the way sourceforge lists work (if I recall correctly) and they use
gnu mailman.  An obvious requirement, however, is that the list will not
send the cc'd message to either the sender or the receiver (unlike now,
when I promptly see my own posts to the mailing list returned to me).

Trent