[H-GEN] SMALL RPM PROBLEM

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Wed Feb 12 20:19:30 EST 2003

On Thu Feb 13 2003 at 10:27, Greg Black wrote:

[ ... snip snip ... ]

> I'm not against package systems and I do use them extensively.
> I don't think they're perfect and I think they do some things
> really badly.  What's true for me won't be true for everybody,
> but nobody can seriously claim that any current package system
> does everything right -- and I doubt if such a system can even
> be specified, let alone built.

Thanks for putting me right with my misconception about where you
were coming from.  Sweeping unqualified statements sometimes give
the wrong impression.

Which is one of the inherent problems with email... all too often
what is read is not taken in the spirit or intent with which it was
written.

And on what you say there, we definitely have a common viewpoint :)

[ ... quoting from earier ... ]

> more at a meeting.  Perhaps we could run a panel on this subject
> if people are interested?

That is what I was more or less suggesting, great idea.  Some
workshops on specific package managers/distros to accompany the
panel discussion would also be good, and give the day a good theme.

Cheers
Tony