[H-GEN] Free Solaris (was: package management systems.)

Ewan Edwards Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com
Thu Feb 13 02:11:44 EST 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 04:13 pm, Greg Black wrote:

> with an experimental OS.  Either create some space for it as
> part of a multi-boot thing and keep nothing that you care about

I wouldn't try doing that myself.  It seems that Solaris has a very different
way of slicing up space on a hdd.  Different that is to the way most of us
understand partitions under Linux, or Windows, or DOS for that matter.

> guidance) not to clobber other bits of your disk, then get
> another box or another disk for your experimentation.  Enough

I am lead to believe that if you don't have a good understanding of the
Solaris way, then you run the very real risk of trashing everything on your
hdd, so I heartily agree with this suggestion.