[H-GEN] Quick Question :)

Sarah Hollings sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 10 20:07:16 EST 2003

3 Blokes wrote:

> Hi Everyone!,
>              Really quick question for you all, and probably a simple one
> too, I have a Mandrake 9 Box running a few(Four) game servers, so far no
> problems, but for testing/curiosity purposes I would like to be able to view
> real time information on Memory/Cpu and possibly bandwidth that these
> servers are using, On a per Program basis would be nice, but not neccisary,
> is there a way to do this with not to much trouble involved?, I apologize if
> this is an outrageously easy question, I looked around and I cant seem to
> find any info(I'm fairly new at this, I was so excited when I actually got
> the servers to work!!!).
>
>         Thankyou in advance.
>                     Joe Skilton
>

> --
> * This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au .
> * Postings to this list are only accepted from subscribed addresses of
> * lists 'general' or 'general-post'.  See http://www.humbug.org.au/

A very simple text console tool is "slmon" - gives you a row of coloured
asterisks for each processor in the box, showing load.  ntop for network
load, or pstop.  Should be rpm's easily available for these.

--
Sarah Hollings                     IT Manager
sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au       The ARC Key Centre