[H-GEN] HUMBUG cluster

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Sun Feb 9 18:57:25 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:50:21PM +1000, Andrew Pullin wrote:
> David Jericho AMD K-166, and a Celeron 300A

My machines are missing quite a bit of stuff. Mainly it's 64MB of ram,
processor, motherboard, and powersupply. I don't have spare network
cards or drives unfortunately.

> Marco Grigull 4 x powermac 7200/200

These maybe an easier base to start with, as we won't need to cope
with different hardware types.

> Those would be the responsibilities of the custodians, but they are not as
> bad as they sound. Each cluster would consist of a single full machine (i.e.
> monitor, keyboard etc), and three boxes and a power board and some
> networking cables, so they should be easily transportable. The net

Well, I doubt we need to lug a monitor to each meet. So long as we
startup and shutdown the machines properly, it won't be needed.
There's always dozens of monitors people won't object to us borrowing
for a short period if we need either.

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd

--
Scanned and found clear of viruses by EntireScan.  http://www.entirescan.com/