[H-GEN] Crossfire and freeciv servers will run at meetings.

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 03:32:18 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, [iso-8859-1] David Seikel wrote:

> I'll keep running the servers, but next time, could some of the people that
> wanted game servers running at meetings actually use them B-).

Sorry, I would have connected but no IPs and such were advertised to me.
Maybe I was out of the room at the time.  I am kind of depressed in
regards to MUDs at the moment.  My most recent character of about 2 weeks
was just lost to me because I forgot to disconnect before I went to lunch.
The MUD in question does a daily reboot and if I had been disconnected I
would have been automatically saved and teleported back to the
adventurers' guild where I would have retained all my equipment, but as I
was connected at the time of the reboot this (inexplicibly) did not apply
and my character dropped all my equipment before being swept up itself.
The character was returned to me after the reboot but lacking all the
equipment that I had aquired and, as the character is only level 3, that
was pretty much everything.

I am debating returning to the game at all, can someone recommend any
other MUDs I should check out first?

Trent