[H-GEN] For Sandra, Greg and Andrae about Reply-To:

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Mon Dec 29 03:52:57 EST 2003

On 2003-12-29, Rob Unsworth wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Greg Black wrote:
> > On 2003-12-29, Rob Unsworth wrote:
> >
> > > I have been following the thread about the reply-to header and have,
> > > in the interest of the list, subscribed Sandra, Greg and Andrae to my test
> > > list (Mailman 2.1.1). I am the only other person subscribed. You can
> > > chastise me for being unethical, I will understand, and remove you
> > > immediately.
> >
> > You are unethical.  Remove me immediately.
>
> Done,
>
> I was only trying to help, I promise not to offer my help again.
>
> At least I am not rude, I said I would understand. A simple, please
> remove, me would have been enough.

You said: "You can chastise me for being unethical, I will
understand, and remove you immediately."  I assumed you meant
that.  I'm not sure why you're whining now.

Subscribing somebody to a mailing list without their consent is
never going to win you any brownie points.

Had you said that you'd set up some list for us to play with,
then we could have done that had we wished.

Anyway, I'm over this discussion.

Greg