[H-GEN] Open source firm releases patch for IE spoofing flaw

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 19 21:05:44 EST 2003

ARGH! Can we have the reply-to list back please!!! I'm not used to
clicking reply to all and I'm forwarding this to list as I accidentally
replied to Jason directly.

Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

> Nick Kwiatkowski <nickolas at au1.ibm.com> writes:
>

>>For people who _have_ to use/manage IE, in a nice twist (since MS
>>will not be releasing patches for DEC,) an open source firm releases
>>patch for IE spoofing flaw......
>

> For what it's worth, the bug affects Mozilla 1.5 also.  I've tested
> this with Netscape 7.  See http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/1673.html,

OK I tried this with firebird 0.7 and it correctly displayed
slashdot.org in the location bar..... does this mean that firebird has
fixed the 'bug' and mozilla is waiting for 1.6 release candidate to fix it?

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
http://www.livejournal.com/users/silne/
"The 'right thing' starts at the beginning of
the day, not after you've been caught."
I helped Save Farscape and all I got was a t-shirt
....AND MY SHOW BACK!