[H-GEN] Help with Java...

Brad Apps brad at ecwd.com.au
Sun Dec 7 22:23:42 EST 2003

-------------- next part --------------
Hey Guys,

Sorry about the basic question relating to this topic where I did not
list any errors or further information, I just wasn't sure if this was
the right place to ask.  Here the full details.

We have made an application in Cold Fusion which calls this function:

function getImageDimensions(sFile) {
var strRtn = structNew();
var oImage = createObject("java","javax.swing.ImageIcon").init(sFile); *
strRtn.width = oImage.getIconWidth();
strRtn.height = oImage.getIconHeight();

It measures the height and width of the image, it uses a java function
called ImageIcon, I believe this to be included in the standard java
library which we have installed.  This works fine on a windows system
with a standard Cold Fusion installation and no extra java stuff
installed.  Our production box however is a Red Hat 7.3 system with std.
CF, Apache, Tomcat and Java JDK 1.4.  This java function doesn't work on
this box.  It is a headless system which may be causing a problem.  I
have found a modification to do to the Cold Fusion java config file
which fixes the error but it affects other cold fusion graphics
functions which are currently being used.

The error is:

Object Instantiation Exception

May be I need to go outside cold fusion to process this page, any
recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bradley G. Apps
East Coast Web Design / Web Fusion
Cold Fusion Administrator / Internet Programming / Technical Advisor
PH: 0413 208-786
E-Mail: brad at ecwd.com.au
WWW: brad.webfusion.net.au