[H-GEN] LSL retaliates over freight refund request

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Dec 3 23:07:55 EST 2003

On 2003-12-04, ben.carlyle at invensys.com wrote:
> Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net>

> > Of course, I'm not all that keen to do business with them again
> > after suffering from one really faulty DVD (not to mention a
> > replacement that took several tries to fully read), together
> > with their attitude to customer service.  Nevertheless, since
> > all alternative suppliers are overseas, I'm reluctant to let
> > them get away with refusing service like this.
>
> Have you informed them of the coverage this issue is recieving on the
> humbug mailing lists?

No, I haven't done that yet.  I'm reluctant to do anything that
might push them into a corner or appear to be threatening them.
At this stage, I'm just seeking information about the legal
situation -- if there's actually something that shows that this
is not a legitimate response for them to make, I'd like to be
able to draw that to their attention.  That might encourage them
to have another look at their policies.  I think they're just a
small business without much of a clue and I'd rather just help
them to get a clue.

So I'm not looking for people to start harassing them -- yet.
If nothing good comes of my efforts to resolve things, I'll
certainly make that public and then it will be up to people to
act as they see fit.

> Hmm... I belive that www.everythinglinux.com.au are local to Aus.

As far as I can tell from their web site, they don't sell the
product I'm after -- they do have a two CD set of the ISO's that
are freely downloadable from the 'Net (and which I have already
obtained, thanks to Humbug).  But they don't list a DVD with the
whole universe on it, which is what I purchased from LSL.

Cheers, Greg