[H-GEN] Any one on multithreading

Andrae Muys andrae.muys at braintree.com.au
Tue Aug 26 19:43:09 EDT 2003

Harmeet Uppal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any unique mailing list just for Threads (HP/Linux/Solaris & AIX)

For programming threads you can post to DSIG, for administrating/tuning
threaded applications General would be appropriate.

Be aware that there are a number of list members who have rather firm
convictions regarding the appropriateness of threads in most
circumstances, so don't be surprised if the most common answer to your
questions ends up being "What on earth made you think threads where an
approprate solution to that problem?".  Still there is a fair bit of
expertise on threads on these lists, hence the likelyhood of the above
response ;).

Andrae

--
  Andrae Muys    <andrae.muys at braintree.com.au>