[H-GEN] HUMBUG meetings and talks

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Aug 19 11:28:38 EDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Harry Phillips wrote:

> Then all we need is someone that is familiar on the topic to stand at
> the front. No need to re-invent the wheel. Run the brisbane one just
> after the Vic one share notes etc.

Considering we're all pretty much advocates of OpenSource/Free software,
it is interesting that various LUGs/UUGs don't share talks much at all.
Most people seem to write a talk and then give it which I suspect causes a
huge amount of duplicated effort across states and different countries.  A
central repository for freely available talks would be great.  The
speaker should still be knowledgable in the area, and could modify/update
the talks to suite their needs as well.

I'm doing a talk on optimising Linux performance for the local LUG here in
Canada.  When finished I'll supply the talk to Humbug (and anyone else who
wants it).

Cheers,
	Rob

--