[H-GEN] HUMBUG meetings and talks

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 16 06:03:02 EDT 2003

 --- Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:
> I remember this being floated before.  It seemed to me that the biggest
> hurdle was support.  Right now a number of people work diligently and
> consistently to make Humbug meetings run as smoothly as they do.  I know
> from personal experience how it can be a huge time committment.  I think
> that for additional meetings to start (say a weekday evening tete-a-tete
> like LUV and most other (L|U)UGs) we'd need to see more people helping
> out.  I think the idea has merit but I can't see any additional burden on
> the club's current workhorses being a good thing (as it simply speeds up
> burnout).

I volunteer myself and my server for this task.  I have already set it up
as the clusters gateway for meetings, and I have recently added a DHCP
server, not much more configuration would be needed to run it as an
alternate gateway for the extra meetings, and as a backup gateway for the
day that Hydra dies.  Obviously we still need others to help out.

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search