Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 30 21:59:34 EDT 2003

At 10:59 01/05/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>The only hassle I see (for the purists) is that the author (David Harris)
>doesn't see the benefits of Open Source... though he claims that he's
>still "Open to the idea" providing someone can give him a compelling
>enough argument.  Either way, it's free, as in beer, and Eudora isn't Open
>Source either.

Actually, the idea was to get a 'free as in beer' client that handles
threading correctly in the headers of the email. (Eudora doesn't put in the
header content that allows other email clients to thread.) I hated pegasus
after the 30 minutes it took me to get it set up and downloading my email.
I like Eudora, but it does lack features that I think are nice to have.

However, now that i have my bandwidth back again, I can run the Mozilla
installer. I will never understand the need NOT to give the user everything
they need to install a program when they download it. I hate installers
that download the content of the program.

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
"There are 10 types of people in the world -- those that understand binary,
and those that don't."