Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]

Paul Gearon pag at PISoftware.com
Wed Apr 30 20:59:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003, bob parker wrote:
> > Maybe I'm missing something, but I went and looked and didn't see any
> > *nix version of Eudora (unless the Mac OS X version can run on *nix?)
> Unless I missread something I thought the idea was to get a Eudora like
> client for Win. Still have been known to missread.

That was my reading too.

I've been surprised that no one has yet mentioned Pegasus.  I haven't used
it for a while, but it has lots of features, and used to be my windows
email client of choice.

http://www.pmail.com/

The only hassle I see (for the purists) is that the author (David Harris)
doesn't see the benefits of Open Source... though he claims that he's
still "Open to the idea" providing someone can give him a compelling
enough argument.  Either way, it's free, as in beer, and Eudora isn't Open
Source either.

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Plugged In Software              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
http://www.PIsoftware.com        PGP Key available via finger

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")