[H-GEN] Webcam recommendation sought

The Revolution revolution at union.org.za
Tue Apr 29 22:43:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

Here at work we have just got a heap of 'security cameras'
They are a single board computer running linux
It is controlled via a web interface via ethernet or isdn
They have two cameras (different lenses), microphone,
speaker and flashy LED's
They can take calls as well as make them over ISDN
Record events, object tracking, video phone, etc, etc.

I have the test camera here calling my mobile when it
detechs stuff after hours
They might however be a bit overkill for what you are doing
And the price tag is rather hefty
AFAIK we are the only ones selling them here in AU
But if your interested www.mobotix.com or
www.unicomm.com.au
If you would like to see a live demo (please dont abuse)
The office cam is 'http://shells.homeunix.net:8888/'

Dan Roe
---
Sent from UnionMail Service  [http://mail.union.org.za]