[H-GEN] KDE 3.1 font issue

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sat Apr 26 00:45:29 EDT 2003

Stuart Longland wrote:

>>Does anyone know how to 'enable' a particular font permanently?
>>

>You could try creating a new font directory,
>say /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/windows, copy your Windows fonts to this directory
>then tell XFS about the new directory.
>
>I'm not sure how to exactly do this (I haven't got a dual-boot UNIX/Win32
>machine in front of me).
>
>man xfs is really the only thing I can suggest you look at, I recall doing this
>before, I just can't recall exactly how I did it.

I figured out how to do this with Mandrake 9.1

If anyone is interested I
1. Opened 'Mandrake Control Center',
2. selected 'System',
3. clicked on 'DrakFonts',
4. then 'Advanced' and 'Add',
5. browsed to the directory that had the TTF file I wanted
6. Selecetd the font I wanted
7. Clicked on 'Install List'

Regards
Harry Phillips