[H-GEN] Laptop power supply

Tony Bilbrough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 22 05:16:44 EDT 2003

G'day All,
I have finally found a power supply for my lap top But there is a caveat!
The info I have from the underbelly says Type 2625, 16 volts [with a
dotted line under this dash] 2.2 Amps  35W
The ps I have found says output 30 V - [ with a dotted line under this
dash] 500 mA 15VA

Out of curiosity I tried the plug in the socket, and it fitted into the
back of the lappie, snugly [All the other plugs on the p/s I tried
didn't fit]
Temptation overcame common sense and I powered up the lappie [mainly
because there was a little green light on].
It seems to work ok, and the os fired up without complaint - But I shut
it down immediately [just in case]
So the BIG question is this
Is the 30V part a bit too much for it, or, is the 15VA a bit too low?
And what does the dash with a dotted line underneath, actually mean?
cheers Tony B

--
Brismesh Node 1348