[H-GEN] IPTables port forwarding

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 18 23:46:54 EDT 2003

I want to forward a port to an internal computer on my home LAN. i've
perused the IPTables man page and come up with the following rules. I was
wondering if anyone could check that I've done them correctly. They're to
be entered into a script I already have that has the $IPTABLES, $EXTIF, and
$INTIF already setup.

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -p tcp --dport 5206 -m state
--state ESTABLISHED,RELATED,NEW -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -p udp --dport 5206 -m state
--state ESTABLISHED,RELATED,NEW -j ACCEPT

comments/improvements/flames/rtfm appreciated.

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
"There are 10 types of people in the world -- those that understand binary,
and those that don't."