[H-GEN] Making mouse settings stick -SuSE8.1

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Thu Apr 17 02:17:55 EDT 2003

> Hello,
> Everytime I reboot the machine Yast (before login screen)
> asks me to reselect
> the mouse type. I select it and then use it successfully. As
> soon as I reboot
> again I am asked to reselect the mouse again....
> Can anyone put me in the right direction? How can I make the
> mouse selection
> stick?
> Type of mouse -  M$ optical wheel mouse ,USB with ps2
> converter, through a KVM
> switch (I've tried taking the KVM switch out of the equation
> but get the same
> symptoms). I have tried using a Genius ps2 mouse and have the
> same symptoms.

Don't know SuSE all that well but maybe you are selecting the wrong mouse
(in Yast's opinion) so try another similar type and see how you go.  I use
the exact same mouse configuration i.e. MS Optical wheel mouse with USB to
PS/2 converter and in Mandrake at least, it "sticks".  You might try turning
off the hardware probe mechanism on boot.  In Mandrake under Mandrake
Control Centre -> services turn off Harddrake start on boot.  Yast will have
something similar.

Regards,

Rick