Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]

ben.carlyle at invensys.com ben.carlyle at invensys.com
Mon Apr 28 02:01:17 EDT 2003

Hello :)

Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net>
Sent by: Majordomo <majordom at caliburn.humbug.org.au>
25/04/03 15:05
Please respond to general

        To:     general at lists.humbug.org.au
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]
> On 2003-04-25, Harry Phillips wrote:
> > Why don't Ben's e-mail's appear as part of the thread likes everyone
> > else's mail?
> > Is it because I use Mozilla or because Ben uses Notes?
> But the real problem is that Ben uses Notes (no doubt a result
> of corporate decision-making in that place he works where almost
> all IT decisions are bizarre) and, as everybody knows, Notes is
> shpxrq orlbaq erqrzcgvba.

Yes, it was a decision taken as part of "Project Unity". The last great
act of the CEO whoe reduced our corportate share price from about 20 pound
to about 20 pence in only a few years. Unfortunately the timing was just
that it couldn't be stopped by the time our new CEO joined the force. He's
managed to stabalise the decline partially, but we're no longer listed in
the FTSE 100, the corporation has just announced that it'll be selling
about half of it's businesses (this is the second major round of selloffs
to meet banking covenants). Another great decision of the previous CEO was
to purchase Baan (the major competitor to SAP, perhaps you've heard of
SAP... ;) for a fire-sale price as it was falling into bankruptcy. Our
company's market cap is now 300 million pounds, as compared to the 500
million pounds paid for that gem of company (that company is now
apparently responsible for about 10% of the losses of the entire
corporation... there was a good reason it was going bankrupt). We replaced
all our core infrastructures with Baan during Project Unity as well as
replacing our email with Lotus notes. Now we're almost at the breakup
table all our core processes are aligned on the crappiest platforms we
could find ;)

The most imporant thing about our beloved Allan Yurko, though, was the
golden handshake he walked away with. Well anyway. We're hiring at the
moment, actually... anyone for a software engineering position in Brissy?
;)

Benjamin.
(I'm not bitter)