[H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Tue Apr 22 09:43:01 EDT 2003

On 2003-04-22, Rob Kearey wrote:
> Greg Black wrote:
>
> >I haven't mentioned the type of machine because I know it will
> >only elicit blank stares.  It's a "Highlander" -- and I've never
> >been able to discover any references to it with Google or on any
> >laptop list I've ever found.
>
> Greg, if you can grab a copy of dmidecode, I'd reccomend doing so - you
> can often get some actual manufacturer information that way. It's
> probably an old ASUS knock off [guess].

Thanks for that -- I'd never heard of dmidecode before.  I've
got the output from it and that might help me to discover some
further support data.  It's a bit long to post it to the list,
but I've put it up here for anybody who wants to take a look and
offer any other thoughts:

    http://www.gbch.net/gjb/laptop-dmi.txt

The following seems to be the main identifying info:

    System Information
        Manufacturer: Movita
        Product Name: SIS_630

Greg

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.