[H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Fri Apr 25 23:02:43 EDT 2003

On 2003-04-25, Sandra Milne wrote:
> At 16:00 25/04/2003 +1000, you wrote:
> >1. How can I set it up so that I don't have to interrupt it at
> >   boot each time to type at the boot prompt:
> >
> >     boot: linux video=vga16:off
>
> use append="video=vga16:off"
> [I'm pretty sure that's the correct syntax]
> put it in /etc/lilo.conf
> then run lilo at the prompt to update it.

Thanks -- that worked just fine[1].

Now I just need some help with getting it to talk to my wireless
card.  Hopefully, the Debian experts won't be able to resist the
challenge at the meeting tonight :-)

Greg

[1] It worked the third time I tried it.  The first time, I put
    in the magic stuff on the append line that was in the file,
    but forgot to remove the comment at the start of the line;
    the second time, I removed the comment but forgot to run
    lilo.

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.