NWN-linux( was Re: [H-GEN] Script for Arson?)

Joel Michael jmichael at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 20 05:07:13 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 13:13, Sandra Milne wrote:
> I copied the files from my windows installation, grabbed the beta and ran
> the ./fixinstall command. Everything looked good. Went to run it, got a
> blank screen, a beep and when I pressed a key got sent back to prompt.
>
> Reran nwn. This time all I get is "Error" printed on the line and I get
> returned to the prompt. Nobody seems to know what the problem is. I went
> along to last HUMBUG meeting and updated to debian-unstable, so I could get
> SDL 1.2.5. Still get the same thing. I've removed and re-copied the nwn
> stuff and still no joy. Read some FAQs and nobody seems to have seen my
> problem. That is, except for the 3 other people on the forum that also have
> the problem and don't have a solution either. It seems to be caused by
> compiling SDL from source, but I kinda figured that getting it as a .deb
> would fix that.

Ok, I have NWN running on Debian/Unstable (and am mighty addicted).
Firstly, what kind of video card are you using?  Are you using the
vendor's drivers, or DRI/XFree drivers?

Secondly, have you upgraded your windows install of NWN to 1.29?  If
not, do it, and copy over all the data again.  There were MD5 sums of
all the required files posted somewhere on nwn.bioware.com, I can't
remember exactly where tho.  Make sure these match.

Lastly, which beta version are you using?  1.29beta4 works fine for me,
betas 1-3 didn't (apparently it was a problem with ATI's drivers).

Hope these pointers help!  Although, it may not be a good thing to get
it working ;-)
--
Joel Michael

A. Because we read from left to right and from top to bottom!
Q. Why should I place my response below the quoted text?