[H-GEN] Linux games are still proprietory

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sun Apr 6 08:51:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 03:05:01PM +1000, Trent WADDINGTON wrote:
> Clearly I support free and open games, [...]

Crimson Tide is a pretty cool game, now that it works properly on
powerpc. It's a turn-based, tactical wargame on a hexagonal board,
apparently in the same style as Battle Isle (which I always wanted to
play on the Amiga, but never actually did). It's quite fun, and comes
with a cute map editor, and an windows-init-style configuration format
that lets you create your own levels. It's got an AI, and supports two
players taking turns at the keyboard, and there's some "play by email"
option too.

It's GPLed, packaged in Debian as crimson.deb; versions before 0.3.0
might be a bit dubious.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''