[H-GEN] So I was thinking

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Wed Sep 25 06:22:32 EDT 2002

> [1] Saying something like "my mailer doesn't allow me to do x"
>     is not a valid claim -- there are dozens of mailers out
>     there, both free and commercial, that can do a reasonable
>     job on any common platform.  If your tools are no good, get
>     new ones.  Do you wear shoes that are too small?  Do you
>     push start your car rather than get a new battery?

Don't know if you have ever had the misfortune of working in an environment
where Lotus Notes is your only option, but as a mail tool, the Notes client
is bloody atrocious[2].  Putting in-line or even sensibly quoted additions
to an existing email is so bloody hard that I never bother.  On the other
hard, the fact that user defined agents are disabled as well[1] because of
the load it places on the server means that I don't bother subscribing to
any mailing lists at work.

Cheers
Michael

[1] This results in the complete and utter lack of the ability to
automatically sort and filter incoming mail.
[2] I know quite a few people on this list that would agree with me on this!