[H-GEN] G400 Dual Head

Christopher Biggs listjunkie at pobox.com
Tue Sep 24 02:12:47 EDT 2002

pag at pisoftware.com moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> The Matrox drivers work great.  Unfortunately they don't do 3D.  :-(

Yes, they do.

(Hmmn, I'm not using Xinerama, maybe thats why it works for me).

> have to restart X with the XFree86 Matrox driver and go back to a single head in
> order to play games like Armagetron or Quake3.

I don't need to change drivers to run Q3, and with the latest matrox
driver you can even run 3D with xinerama using the "Dual Head Merged"
mode (or so it claims, I have installed the newer driver but not
attempted this arrangement yet), so maybe that would work for you.

--cjb