[H-GEN] Proxies, etc., for AGM

Clinton Roy croy at dstc.edu.au
Sun Sep 15 03:34:00 EDT 2002

Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> writes:

> Since I'm unable to attend the coming AGM, I was wondering if
> there are provisions for proxies, and if it's desired that
> people use them, and what the procedures might be if the answers
> to the previous questions are affirmative.

There are provisions for proxies, and my view is that it's healthy for
the club to have as many members as possible exercising their voting
rights.

>From http://www.humbug.org.au/constitution.html:

5i)

An eligible Financial Member may proxy his voting rights for one
Special General Meeting by providing the president, vice-president, or
secretary with signed written notice of their intent.  This may be in
physical, or authenticated electronic form.

It seems appropriate to mention this as well:

5h)

A Financial Member must have been a member for a minimum of
three months to have voting rights at a Special General Meeting.

Clinton, wondering which bit of the Humbug constitution is about to
bite him in the bum,
--
Clinton Roy

Meetings - ``Try, or no try; there is no do.''