[H-GEN] ipv6/multicasting

marco grigull mark at cyber.com.au
Wed Sep 11 07:27:58 EDT 2002

Hi all.

I am on the path of learning about connecting in ipv6, and have installed freenet6's
 tspc client end config program.  This is on the last stable release openbsd, used as
 a gateway.

Full conectivity has been established from the gateway to ipv6 .

Can I setup dhcp on my gateway to assign ipv6 addresses
 (alongside the ipv4 addresses) to my lan machines (debian/&evil_os)?
How do I go about natting/ or do I can I assign realworld ipv6 addresses
 to the internal hosts?

Also, on an entirely different issue,
my service provider (optus)'s router (10.50.64.1) seems to emit igmp queries to the
ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAST.NET address.  Does this mean that optus support
 multicast routing?  if so, how do I get machines on my lan to particpate
 as clients through my openbsd firewall? (the igmp msgs have a ttl of 1
 (so do I need to 'fastroute' these packets through to the lan ?
   Or use a proxy?  ))

Has anyone seen or got a simular setup or have any suggestions?

Thankyou for any assistance.
Marco

PS. I hope that this email makes sense and apoligise if it doesnt.
If I havent given enough info about the setup, please let me know