[H-GEN] Re: Spam Assassin

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Fri Oct 25 23:19:20 EDT 2002

Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Michael Anthon wrote:
> > Yesterday one of my disks filled up with the end result being that mail
> > could not be delivered locally.  When I resolved my space issue and told
> > fetchmail to wake up and do it's thing there was about 80 messages and ouch
> > did it hurt!!  That was at about 10:00 last night, it was STILL processing
> I brought my home mail server to its knees by dropping 100 messages (kind
> of accidentally) into the queue simultaneously.

Ah, perhaps that is the salient difference.

I'm running exim (standalone) as my MTA; after receiving 100 messages
in a "short" period, the daemon will simply queue messages and not
deliver them locally at all until a period of time has passed.

> The overheads produced by the SA script were amazing.

Were you running the network-based tests (vipul razor, RBL, etc.)?
--
| ``It's just a big electric typewriter.''                              |