[H-GEN] Replacement Mice (was: While we're at it)

Ian Foran iforan at ecn.net.au
Thu Oct 24 04:45:16 EDT 2002

> On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 14:34, Ian Foran wrote:
> > I share David Jerico's appreciation for the TrackMan Marble so I'm a little curious
> > why you decided to walk away from it?
>
> Don't get me wrong, I still love the little critter, however it just
> annoys me how quickly the bearings in it get clogged up, stopping the
> ball from moving.  It is especially annoying when playing FPS games,
> when the ball doesn't move in certain directions.

> --
> Joel Michael			|  Phone:	+61 7 3367 3555

Thanks for sharing your experience Joel; you've reminded me why I bought the
second Trackman. The bearing material had worn away to nothing, and the left
switch was nearing the end of it's life. I'd have a go at replacing the switch but I
haven't yet found an elegant replacement for the bearing material.

Thanks again,                                                               Ian